I find myself repeating many of those abstractions to the people I talk to. They help me form an opinion, and advise others when applicable.
They will also help you understand who am I or what would be my opinion on something.
Few of them are mine, many I borrow from conventional wisdom I stumble upon. I will keep updating them.
- 95% of effort is wasted.
- Human abilities are overrated. Desires and incentives are underrated.
- Unhapiness comes from desire.
- Happiness comes from 1) Having good meaningful relationships. 2) Accepting what you have and not desiring anything.
- You don’t know someone until you have conflict of interest with them.
- 99% of what you consider risk is just in your head.
- This too shall pass.
- Free will is not real. We are a result of our environments. Change the environment and people will behave differently.
- What’s not fully attained, shouldn’t be fully abandoned. ما لا يدرك كله ، لا يترك كله.
- Good life advice is mostly easier said than done.