I am surprised I didn’t blog about it although I am using it for close to a year. I heard of it from a press release that Benchmark Capital, the backers of Uber, Snap, and StichFix invested in it.
It is an asynchronous video messaging app. This solves a huge problem for me since currently my family, and all my friends live in different countries, with different time zones. It is hard to setup a time with all those people to sit and talk. MarcoPolo allows us to stay in touch.
Here is how it works:
- You start recording a video.
- Your friend/group receives a notification that you are recording a video.
- They can go watch you live, or watch this message later when they see the notification.
- They can record you a reply and you will get notified.
It is different from WhatsApp
- You don’t have to tap and hold while recording.
- There is no limit I faced on the length of the message.
- Here is the best part: If you have no internet, or the internet is slow, it keeps working in the background until the full message is uploaded when you have a faster connection. This solves the problem of internet speed which forces us to schedule calls in places with fast internet, leading to the call not happening.
- It only allow text on top of the video. No text chat interface.
Give it a try. Download it and message me. I am using my Egyptian mobile number on it. If you don’t have it, message me and I will send it to you.
Note: I took permission the people on those screenshots to show them on this post.